About Our Grandparents Stories
OurGrandparentsStories.org is a not-for-profit online library created to:
- preserve and catalog memories of the 1930’s, 1940’s and 1950’s,
- provide younger generations with a platform to learn about history through the personal experience, from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives
- foster intergenerational connections.
When OurGrandparentsStories.org launched in February of 2020, we envisioned "stocking" the library with interviews conducted by school children with grandparents and seniors. Due to the Coronavirus, that became impossible. Instead, we are now asking seniors directly to help "stock" the library with their stories. Once it is safe, we will return to our original vision.
Help "Stock" The Library!
Help us stock the library by sharing a memory, recording a story or by sharing this site with others.
Seniors & Grandparents - Share your memories of the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's and help younger generations learn about history through your stories.
Parents - Promote learning through discovery by encouraging your children to interview and record a grandparent or senior sharing their memories.
Teachers - Enrich your curriculum through service learning by having students record a grandparent or senior sharing their memories.
Students - Help preserve history by recording a grandparent or senior sharing memories of the 1930's, 1940's or 1950's.
Meet The Board
- Susan Saunders - Producer, videographer and editor. Owner of Family Line Video, LLC.
- Kathy Irvin - Director of The Early Childhood Program, North Shore Country Day School, Winnetka, IL. Wife, Mother, Grandmother.
- Allison Warren - Instuctor at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Owner of Modern Plum.
To learn more, share ideas or to join our effort, contact us.